Sealant coating is a material that functions as a sealant for concrete floors and roofs.
On the other hand, floor sealants have several years of resistance. This coating system is durable, resistant to abrasion, even in areas with heavy traffic, and is also chemical resistant. This coating is non-porous, will not flake, and is also non-slip. However, floor sealants require a bit more processing, from preparation to primary application to finish.
Floor sealants also need to be prepared with the right surface, such as shot blasting, grinding, or scarifying, for optimal results. The coating system also consists of various layers ranging from primer coat, first coat, middle coat, and topcoat – making it thicker than even a simple coat or two of paint.
From surface preparation to application completion, the floor sealant process takes more than you think to provide a quality floor that will last for years.
5 Benefits of Sealant coating
Sealant coating can be used on floors for commercial buildings, sidewalks, even on the walls or ceilings of multi-story buildings, and is most commonly used on garage floors. The following are the benefits of using a Sealant coating:
- Better durability: Concrete floors coated with Sealant coating last longer than those coated with regular paint, saving you money and allowing you to focus on managing other businesses.
- Strong and durable: after the sealant is converted into a solid polymer, it becomes very strong and prevents chemical damage.
- Saves time: Sealant coatings are usually quick and easy to install, which means less time to shut down plant production when used in a factory (shut downtime).
- High aesthetic value: Sealant coatings are usually available in a variety of colors and patterns to suit your specific style.Corrosion and
- Chemical resistance: Sealant coatings can withstand continuous exposure to chemicals, so they are perfect for warehouses or plants that may be exposed to them.
The most important thing about using Sealant coating is the low cost for maintenance and cleaning. So, after the concrete is coated with the Sealant coating, it will not be easily porous because it is sealed or other processes and is easier to clean.
Talking about building construction, every element in it must be considered. When constructing or remodeling a building, you have to make sure that every part is assembled perfectly. Often small things such as gaps between walls, tiles, windows, or other materials are neglected. Problems like this not only interfere with the appearance but also the durability of the material itself. Don’t worry, Sealants can be the best solution to solve problems in building construction.